Write for Yoga Girl Revolution!
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the Yoga Girl Revolution. We love to accept new contributions from our global community. Here's what you need to know:
1. Number of words: Generally our Yoga Girl Revolution articles are around 250-700 words (slightly, more or less is okay as well).
2. Tone: Friendly, fun and upbeat. We are after content that is useful, inspiring and interesting for today’s modern Yoga Girl. This may be for the newbie that is still not sure about attending their first yoga class, right through to the serious and advanced yoga practitioner. We love light-hearted content, which makes us smile on the inside, as well as the more serious education-type articles, stories, reviews and ideas.
3. Original work: Please only send us original articles that are written by you and are unique to Yoga Girl Revolution. We cannot accept posts that have already been published elsewhere online or you plan to send to other websites.
4. Ethos: We are only interested in content from our community that will be relevant, useful and inspirational. We are not after any get-rich quick, get-skinny tomorrow or other blatant marketing stuff. We are delighted to be independent. We pride ourselves on only sharing with you awesome heart-centred content, tips, inspiration and ideas that will help to improve the lives of others.
5. Sharing: We want to support you and share your ideas with the world. We will promote your work and we ask that you do the same. The more people who see your work, the better it will be for you and for us. Working together, hand-in-hand we can spread your messages far and wide! Feel free to use some of the different social media tools such as the basics like Facebook and Twitter or all of them including Digg, Reddit, Pinit, LinkedIn. How far you spread your article is entirely up to you. Please post your articles on the sites that feel most appropriate and comfortable for you.
6. Community: The Yoga Girl Revolution has been created to share our mutual Love for yoga – that means supporting and inspiring each other through our articles, ideas and connections. Please let us know if someone is not playing ball.
Tips for writing great content:
We would love to be able to help you generate a lot of great exposure for yourwork through the Yoga Girl Community.
Here are some tips on how to write an outstanding article for Yoga Girl Revolution and help you get the attention that you deserve.
• Personal, anecdotal stories are always great.
• Always after a fullstop, just one space. Then, the next sentence with a capital letter. Just like that!
• Please limit the amount of capitalization you use.
• Always spell check your article before sending it to us.
• As we are a UK based website, please use UK spelling and grammar.
• One idea for naming your articles is to use lists and numbers
e.g., "3 Reasons to go on a Yoga Retreat."
e.g., “5 Ways that Yoga Heals your Body.”
e.g., “10 Foods You Must Eat Everyday.”
Okay, great, let’s get started… Here’s how to start submitting your articles to Yoga Girl Revolution:
Email your article to:
In this email, please remember to include
1. The title of your article: - please send this in the subject line.
2. Photos for your article: with the photo credit if you do not own the copyright.
Credit a photo like this: Photo: [name]
3. Your bio around 100 words: Your bio can contain links to your website, facebook, twitter pages.
4. Personal Bio Photo: Please also attach a photo for your bio page.